Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Drum roll.......... KRISTIN! Congrats to Kristen (send me a shout out to firstname.lastname@example.org) To, all who entered,thank you...and I'm considering doing this giveaway again in February, maybe for Valentines Day! Have a great day!!!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
- The giveaway: a miniBLUEPRINT from DHB Designs! If you don't know what that is - a miniBLUEPRINT is a E-decorating service I provide through DHB Designs...go check it out here ... It can be the room of your choice, but only one room!!!
- To enter, leave a comment "what was the best birthday present you ever received?"
- Comments will end tomorrow at 6a.m. and I will select a winner! POST EDIT: the winner will be selected randomly...probably by my four year old!!! :)
Monday, January 25, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
- I wear a size 6 1/2 shoe...
- My favorite colors are really non-colors - black or white, depends on the day!
- I love to read books...
- My husband is a math teacher and coaches high school basketball...which makes for a really crazy schedule between October and March...
- I have a sister who is only 11 months and 2 weeks older than me - for 2 weeks out of the year (Jan.26 -my dbay and Feb 9.-her bday)we are technically the same age...
- I grew up in a small town
- I love to watch dancing with the stars (with my husband who says he should be a judge)
So now I must pick 3 lovely blogs to pass this award along:
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
I had prepared something totally different to post today...BUT, life got in the way! Instead of showing you all my progress made on my 2010 List for the week....I am going to post a run down of my day....
- 6:30am Drag myself out of bed after a sleepless night, poor Liv coughed all night! Help B get ready for school
- 7:10 Sit down with a cup of coffee, bible study, and a notepad...best part of my day!
- 7:30 Olivia is up, we eat breakfast, get showered and we are getting ready to head to a doctors appointment for her...poor girl, she's been sick since Sunday :(
- 8:45 On the road
- 9:10 Dr's office
- 9:20 Dr's office
- 9:45 Dr's office
- 10:00 Dr's office
- 10:00 Decide to treat ourselves to a cupcake and cinnamon roll at Sweet Celebrations and get a phone call that B is getting out of school at 1pm...so convenient for them...not so much for me!
- 10:15 Drop off prescriptions at pharmacy - we have 2 to fill because she is really sick!
- 10:20 Make a deposit at the bank
- 10:30 Grocery store - long overdue! But necessary!
- 11:30 In the car heading to the house, Liv has to pee, really bad! A total meltdown begins bc she wants to go back in the store to pee...not home to pee! I don't give in...now I am risking that she will pee in the car seat just to teach me a lesson...no joking, she has totally done that!
- 11:45 Make it home...rush into the house...guess what? "mom, I don't really need to pee anymore" Proceed to unload my groceries, have a quick sandwich...then we are back in the car to go get B
- 1:00 Pick up B from school
- 1:10 Go by pharmacy to pick up prescriptions that we dropped off THIS MORNING...go through drivethru because it is now snowing and I have two kids in tow....proceed to wait for 30 minutes for the person in front of me to drop off and pick up at the same time!!! Yeah , I know!
- 1:40 Pull up....they give me only 1 prescription and tell me the other is back ordered....with a smile! That's interesting, can I put my daugther's cold on hold until this "back order" comes in? Uh, no....so "do you have another pharmacy that can fill it?" Well, "no, but we can call Blount Discount and they should be able to fill it"... So off I go...
- 1:50 Pull into Blount Discount...."yes, I am picking up a prescription that CVS called in for my daughter"..."what, they didn't call"......I AM GOING TO LOOSE MY MIND!!! AN HOUR IN THE CAR WITH THE KIDS!
- 2: 25 HOME SWEET HOME!!!!
Yes, we finally made it! Although it has been a nonstop day of what seems like "nothingness and busyness" all at once...I am grateful for a few answered prayers today because it reminds me that God is in all of that "nothingness and busyness"! Happy Thursday!!! Tomorrow, update on some of my LIST!
Monday, January 4, 2010
I think I will try to complete three to four items per month and I will chronicle it here on the blog to keep my momentum going!!! These are the things I am working on for the month of January...
- Join our public library and put it to good use!
- Set up a budget with my husband...which means, evaluate where our money is going!
- Get a "cleaning schedule" setup...I will spend this week getting things put away and implementing some tips from a few new books I got...share those later!
- For the kids - work on one "habit" a month from Charlotte Mason's "Laying down the Rails" - this month is OBEDIENCE!!!!
On a side note, I just want to say "thank you" to everyone who reads my ramblings here on the blog and gives me sweet comments! I began this blog almost a year ago as a way to journal the happenings of my day to day life (not expecting that anyone would really care what I have to say) but I have enjoyed finding so many new blog friends out there!!! Happy Monday!