Friday, February 26, 2010

I've been missing....

I've been missing this week....I haven't had a chance to post anything or read any of my favorite blogs! Typically I will check them out while the kids are snacking or playing Lego's - happily occupying themselves or after they are in bed...but I've been a little wiped out this week! I am part of a nonprofit group called Kingdom Design Ministries...it was founded several years ago by a dear friend of mine, Missy Barker Johnson! She is also an interior designer with a heart for the Lord! She began this group as a way to minister to children and their families - we do room makeovers for children who have suffered tragedy in their young lives - whether through a terminal illness or tragic loss! This week we began a room for a little boy name Jimmy...he is so precious! So that explains my absence in posting...it's been a busy week of getting that room done! I can't wait to bring you the full story on Monday - photos of the room and all the wonderful volunteers that make it happen along with an interview with Missy! Have a wonderful weekend - I am hoping for some warm weather!!! In the meantime, go over and check out some of the previous stories of room makeovers....Kingdom Design Ministries

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a rewarding thing to do! I'm looking forward to seeing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome thing to do and a true blessing! I can't wait to read more about it! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing cause! Def. an allowed absence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful cause, I would love to be part of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such an amazing cause. Hope to hear more from you on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! I would love to be a part of it! Thank you for being such a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog...please do leave me a comment, I try to read them all!