- Pull inspiration pictures from magazines, books - it doesn't have to be a room, but simply something that inspires you...
- Get a plan! If you are creative, the DIY type, then plan it all out - if you need some help, perhaps consider a designer. The miniBLUEPRINT or BLUEPRINT are great services at an affordable rate that allow you to build your room as your budget allows!
- take inventory of what you have and consider your budget - if your budget only allows for a new coat of paint - then start there, it can make a dramatic difference! Also, be very selective about what you keep - DO YOU LOVE IT??? If you don't, pass it along to someone who does!
- Empty out the room of clutter and get a fresh start - go back to your inspiration....and begin from there. A real "deep cleaning" can instantly lift the room!
- Purchase the best mattress you can afford - it too is well worth the investment!
- Now, the matter of the T.V. - this has been a big issue when creating a sanctuary in the bedroom....I won't pretend to know the answer - I think that is a personal choice, but choose wisely!
- Go simple on linens - you'll never regret it and it will still look good ten years down the road. If you need a change, simple switch out pillows to add punch!
- Think about what you love to have at your side when you are curled up in bed....glass of water, books, pen and notepad, Ipod, magazines, etc....have a place for those things, but a place that is discreet - perhaps a basket under your bedside table...or convert a side table that has lots of drawers into your nightstand!
Well, I am now off to create a little "home" for myself! Have a great Monday!