It is a TOMATO & MOZZARELLA PANINI with pesto sauce....It is really yummy and I have made it several times, several different ways and here is what I've found:
- The recipe calls for a "french" bread loaf, but I use a multi grain baguette loaf because it is more dense and I find it doesn't get soggy with the pesto sauce sitting on it
- I use pre-made pesto....Classico (lets be real, I don't really have the time nor the yearning to make my own)
- Use the best tomatoes you can find...they need to be ripe!
- Only a fresh ball of Mozzarella will do
- Unless you have a special "panini" maker (which I don't) you HAVE to slab some butter on the bread to get that crispy, crunchy outside...I use my William Sonoma grill pan and just press down with a spatula while cooking...
If you would like the recipe...shoot me an email or leave a comment!