Monday, November 9, 2009

Yummy!

I made this for lunch today....

It is a TOMATO & MOZZARELLA PANINI with pesto sauce....It is really yummy and I have made it several times, several different ways and here is what I've found:

  • The recipe calls for a "french" bread loaf, but I use a multi grain baguette loaf because it is more dense and I find it doesn't get soggy with the pesto sauce sitting on it
  • I use pre-made pesto....Classico (lets be real, I don't really have the time nor the yearning to make my own)
  • Use the best tomatoes you can find...they need to be ripe!
  • Only a fresh ball of Mozzarella will do
  • Unless you have a special "panini" maker (which I don't) you HAVE to slab some butter on the bread to get that crispy, crunchy outside...I use my William Sonoma grill pan and just press down with a spatula while cooking...

If you would like the recipe...shoot me an email or leave a comment!

4 comments:

  1. I want the recipe! This looks great! Or, I could just come over and you could make it for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both options sound good...I could always use some girl time :) I will email you the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look yummy! If you get a chance, go to www.bluebirdbaby.typepad.com. Look at the November 9th entry. She has some toy ideas you might like. I enjoy reading about the Waldorf method and some of its components, but it is not entirely Christian based.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! This looks amazing! What kind of tomatoes do you use? I cannot wait to make this:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog...please do leave me a comment, I try to read them all!