Monday, November 23, 2009

A new tradition...

We have begun a new tradition in our family thanks to this post...I have been looking for a way to bring the true meaning of Christmas back in our celebration and this just seemed to fit! Celebrating Advent this year will be a new tradition for my family - one we are all looking forward to...the kids did a great job of making the ornaments SPARKLY!!! Advent is a season of preparation before Christmas. The word itself means "coming" and refers to the coming of Jesus. A "Jesse Tree" (derived from Isaiah 11:1) is a simple tree or branch decorated with the symbols portraying the spiritual heritage of Jesus. There are many ways to make a "Jesse Tree" but the book by Raymond and Georgene Anderson is really great...go take a look at Ellie's blog for more details! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful! What a wonderful time to celebrate with your family, and teach your little ones the true meaning of Christmas:) I am going to have to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog...please do leave me a comment, I try to read them all!